THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN ZIONIST CONGRESS
|The following Proclamation was adopted unanimously by the Third International Christian Zionist Congress, Jerusalem, February 25-29, 1996.
The Congress, attended by approximately 1500 delegates and other participants representing over 40 countries, was sponsored by the International Christian Embassy, Jerusalem.
|We, the delegates to the Third International Christian Zionist Congress, have assembled in Jerusalem on this 29th day of February, 1996. This Congress coincides with the 3000th anniversary celebration of the Jewish presence in Jerusalem, the Holy City of G-D. Confident in the favor of G-D upon our endeavours, we have convened for the following purposes:
To join in the celebration of "Jerusalem 3000", to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and to declare our firm position on the future status of the city;
To demonstrate Christian concern for Israel and the Jewish people;
To commit our fervent efforts to instruct and persuade Christian men and women everywhere of the revealed truths pertaining to Israel and the Jewish people in the Testaments of G-D as enlightened by
the Holy Spirit;
To deliberate on the positions and measures which we must take to assist Israel and the Jewish people in facing the challenges before them, particularly in response to the agreements and final status talks with the Palestinian Arabs, the bilateral talks with Syria, and the need for continuing Aliyah;
To express our deep concern with and to seek to address the increasing threat posed by radical Islam to Israel, to Christian minorities in the Middle East and to the world, while offering compassionate prayer for millions of people now in the Islamic faith, and to determine priorities for Christian Zionist efforts in the future.
|AFFIRMATION OF CHRISTIAN ZIONISM|
|After careful consideration and prayer, we join with one heart and mind to declare and decree our firm belief that:
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of G-D and is the basis of our faith as Christians, following the teaching of our L-RD and of the Apostles, and the source of our motivation as Zionists.
2. G-D the Father Almighty, chose the ancient nation and people of Yisrael, the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to reveal His plan of redemption for the world. They remain the Elect of G-D, and without the Jewish nation His redemptive purposes for the world will not be completed.
3. Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah and has promised to return to Jerusalem, to Yisrael and to the world.
4. It is reprehensible that generations of Jewish peoples have been killed and persecuted in the name of our L-RD, and we challenge the Church to repent of any sins of commission or omission against them.
5. The scattering of the Jewish people throughout the centuries of the Diaspora was ordained by the L-RD as corrective, as were previous exiles, and redemptive, bringing the knowledge of the one true G-D of Yisrael unto the Gentile nations.
6. The modern ingathering of the Jewish people to Eretz Yisrael and the rebirth of the nation of Yisrael are in fulfillment of biblical prophecies, as written in both Old and New Testaments.
7. Christian believers are instructed by Scripture to acknowledge the Hebraic roots of their faith and to actively assist and partici-pate in the plan of G-D for the ingathering of the Jewish people and the restoration of the nation of Yisrael in our day.
8. The L-RD in His zealous love for Yisrael and the Jewish people blesses and curses peoples and judges nations based upon their treatment of His chosen people, Yisrael.
9. Concerning Jerusalem: It is the Holy City of the Jewish people and those of biblical faith. At the time appointed by G-D, Messiah will return to sit on the everlasting throne of David in Jerusalem and will reign over all the world in righteousness and in peace.
10. According to G-D's distribution of nations, the land of Yisrael has been given to the Jewish people by G-D as an everlasting possession by an eternal covenant. The Jewish people have the absolute right to possess and dwell in the land, including Judea, Samaria, Gaza and the Golan.
11. Christians should oppose all forms of discrimination and prejudice (anti-semitism) against the Jewish people and the Jewish State and should actively seek to be a comfort and a friend to them.
12. G-D's choice of Israel was a means to reach the world with His love, word and redemption. Therefore, the fulfilling the Great Commission is vital and flows out of our commitment to Yisrael.